call for art
But Once A Year Holiday Market
But Once A Year is a rolling call for holiday items. Items should be unique art and/or craft items that shoppers would consider purchasing as gifts, and set at affordable prices for casual art buyers; this could include prints (editioned or not), small crafts such as boxes, jewelry, small sculpture, ornaments, toys, and more. Authentic reproductions are also accepted for this opportunity. This call is for items that are priced at $100 or less. Please be aware, submitted items listed beyond this price range will not be considered. Our holiday market runs in conjunction with our holiday exhibition A Very Vestige Christmas Exhibit, please click here if you are interested in displaying exhibition quality artwork.
Vestige Concept Gallery is an in-person arts display space and store located in Pittsburgh’s Lawrenceville, a fun arts, culture, and shopping neighborhood. We promote and sell works to casual walk-in’s, private clients, as well as online, through mixed exhibitions and events.
We accept works from emerging, mid-career, and/or professional artists. Work should be ideal to shop, and items that are unique, handmade, fun, small-to-mid sized, and affordable. Examples include ceramics, photography, items made into greeting cards and prints, items geared toward children, seasonal/holiday themed, jewelry, decorative boxes, wooden items, sculpture, paintings, watercolors, prints (such as woodblock, screen print etc.), fiber arts and much more.
If working with a gallery to promote and sell your works is something that interests you, or you have worked with a gallery in the past, this is a great opportunity to do so. We are ready to discuss pricing and marketing if necessary. Interested artists should have a desire to market and sell their work and ideally, have some sort of online or local presence.
Note: this is not an application for any of VCG’s Gallery Shows or Exhibitions. You must apply separately for those events. Thank you.
- All entries and fees will be processed through www.callforentry.org
- Applicants may submit up to eight (8) entries. Two (2) entries are included in the $12 application.
- An additional charge of $3 per entry is charged for any additional submissions over 2.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE is currently ROLLING through the end of 2022. Items are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please feel free to email us if you do not receive word right away.
- Ship at your convenience.
- Any items submit for consideration you should have available and ready to ship, if accepted.
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
Specific items accepted for this opportunity should be removed from any other sales platform. If editioned and agreed to remain on multiple platforms, prices should match so as not to undercut one another.
- Artists accepted into the shop must fill out and return a Loan Agreement, and later, be willing to provide an artist pic, short bio, and web/social links (if applicable). These items are necessary for the Online version of the show and other promotions. By submitting this information, you provide Vestige Concept Gallery all rights to post the work on their gallery website and within a paper brochure for the event.
- Accepted artwork must be the actual artwork as seen in the submitted images. No substitutions. Vestige Concept Gallery reserves the right to pull any artwork that differs from the images in the accepted submission.
- Accepted artwork listed for sale must be for the price listed in the submission. No last-minute price changes.
- Vestige Concept Gallery will retain a 30% commission for any artwork sold–please factor this into your pricing. No overpricing and NFS.
- Artists are responsible for shipping & optional shipping insurance to and from Vestige Concept Gallery. A prepaid return shipping label must be included. Fedex or UPS only. No cash or checks.
- Shipped work must be sent in reusable, sturdy boxes and marked with your name. No loose peanuts. Artwork framed with glass is the responsibility of the artist and is not recommended. Artwork with glass that arrives in broken condition may be pulled from the event if artist is unable to remedy the issue.
- Late or damaged work will not be exhibited.
- Art damaged in transit is solely the responsibility of the artist and shipper. Artwork may also be hand-delivered, if applicable.
- Wall pieces MUST be securely wired, framed, and properly prepared for display. Painted edges and/or a clean edge gallery wrap (i.e. the gallery edges were masked off prior to painting), are acceptable. Sawtooth is ok for photography and “small art” only, that weighs 5 lbs or less
- 2D Work must not exceed 30 lbs, including frame.
Now open for Holidays 2022! Any unsold objects will be returned starting Jan 3 2023.
Any questions please reach out to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest!
Note: After successfully submitting your application, you will be redirected to a confirmation page and receive an email confirmation. If this does not occur, please scroll to the the top of the application to check for form errors. Thank you!