call for art
Like Clockwork seeks to showcase works of art that address the nature of time. From birth, our daily routines, anxieties on aging, death, rebirth, to creation and destruction, the forms of time give shape to human experience. Traditional thought, from China to ancient Greece, embodies time not only in gods and goddesses but also in the various devices which measure and grasp it. Time as a flux is apparent in the flow of grains in an hourglass; time as eternal return, in the circling aeons of the Indian and Maya calendars or the tail-eating serpent Ouroboros; time as a universal pattern of synchronous events, in the I-Ching or the astrologers’ intricate figure-work. The paradoxes inherent in these parallel ways of conceiving time reveal the mysterious Coincidence of Opposites which underlies the cosmos. It’s as the old adage says.. all “like clockwork”…
We are accepting works from emerging, mid-career, and/or professional artists. Work should somehow relate to the theme of the show.
“Like Clockwork” In-Person opening reception party will be held Saturday, January 8th, 2022 at 6 PM.
- “Like Clockwork” is open to any artists over age 18, within the United States and Canada.
- Work should ideally have been created in the last three years, and must be the original artwork, ready to display.
- The specific work must not have been previously displayed in a Vestige Concept Gallery exhibit.
- Work must be for sale. (No “NFS” or deliberate overpricing)
- No Giclees or reproductions of original works will be accepted unless the work itself is a Giclee. Please note this in the media tag, if applicable.
- Applicants may submit up to nine (9) entries. Two (2) entries are included in the $25 application.
- An additional charge of $5 per entry is charged for any additional submissions over 2.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE is Saturday, December 11th, at Midnight (MST)
- Artists will be notified of acceptance by Sunday December 12th
- Shipped works of art must arrive no later than Wednesday, January 5th 2022
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
- Artists accepted into the show must reply email confirmation upon acceptance, and later, be willing to provide an artist pic, short bio, and web/social links (if applicable). These items are necessary for the Online version of the show and other promotion. By submitting this information, you provide Vestige Concept Gallery all rights to post the work on their gallery website and within a paper brochure for the event.
- Accepted artwork must be the actual artwork as seen in the submitted images. No substitutions. Vestige Concept Gallery reserves the right to pull any artwork that differs from the images in the accepted submission. Any Giclees will automatically be pulled from the show unless it was initially stated that the work itself is a Giclee.
- Accepted artwork listed for sale must be for the price listed in the submission. No last-minute price changes.
- Vestige Concept Gallery will retain a 30% commission for any artwork sold–please factor this into your pricing.
- Artists are responsible for shipping & optional shipping insurance to and from Vestige Concept Gallery. A prepaid return shipping label must be included. Fedex or UPS only. No cash or checks.
- Shipped work must be sent in reusable, sturdy boxes and marked with your name. No loose peanuts. Artwork framed with glass is the responsibility of the artist and is not recommended. Artwork with glass that arrives in broken condition may be pulled from the event if artist is unable to remedy the issue.
- Late or damaged work will not be exhibited.
- Art damaged in transit is solely the responsibility of the artist and shipper. Artwork may also be hand-delivered, if applicable.
- Wall pieces MUST be securely wired, framed, and properly prepared for display. Painted edges and/or a clean edge gallery wrap (i.e. the gallery edges were masked off prior to painting), are acceptable. Sawtooths are ok for photography only, that weighs less than 5 pounds
- 2D Work must not exceed 30lbs, including frame. 3D work or audio/video must be available to discuss the display with gallery member, if selected, and you will be placed into “waitlist” status and be contacted by the gallery. 3D artists may wish to inquire with the gallery first before submitting.
DEC 11 Application deadline.
DEC 12 Acceptance notification
JAN 5 Deadline for shipped or dropped-off work
JAN 8 Opening Reception
JAN/FEB — normal business hours
FEB 4/5 Show closes
FEB 6/7 Unsold artwork is packaged and shipped back
Any questions please reach out to: email@example.com
(Image credit: Javier Hirschfeld/Getty Images)
Thank you for applying!
Minimum 2 work samples, Artist Bio and Statement
18+, US and Canada
© 2021 Vestige Concept Gallery, 5417 Butler Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15201