call for art
STRIPPED DOWN is searching for works of art that exhibit the nude form. Works could be from any medium, and may include themes involving erotica, and sexuality*. This inclusionary show is open to all gender depictions, and we encourage works that explore non-traditional norms, and non-binary identities. Additionally, we are extending the call to places that are “stripped” such as a bare room, or minimal/situational places that the nude form(s) may reside. Artists for this show must be 18+.
“Sexuality” may include (but not limited to): touch, caress, holding, self touch, intertwining/interplay, kissing, arousal, and heightened states of passion, but should not depict full-penetration, situations deemed “Rated X”, or depicting any activities deemed illegal in nature in any way**
We are accepting works from emerging, mid-career, and/or professional artists. Work should somehow relate to the theme of the show.
“STRIPPED DOWN” In-Person opening reception party will be held Saturday, February 18th, 2022 at 6 PM.
- “STRIPPED DOWN” is open to any artists 18+, within the United States and Canada.
- Work should ideally have been created in the last three years, and must be the original artwork, ready to display.
- The specific work must not have been previously displayed in a Vestige Concept Gallery exhibit.
- Work must be for sale. (No “NFS” or deliberate overpricing)
- No Giclees or reproductions of original works will be accepted unless the work itself is a Giclee or digital. Please note this in the application media tag, if applicable.
- Applicants may submit up to nine (9) entries. Two (2) entries are included in the $25 application.
- An additional charge of $5 per entry is charged for any additional submissions over 2.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE is Saturday, January 29th, at Midnight (MST)
- Artists will be notified of acceptance by Sunday January 30th
- Shipped works of art must arrive no later than Wednesday, February 16th 2022
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
- Artists accepted into the show must reply email confirmation upon acceptance, and later, be willing to provide an artist pic, short bio, and web/social links (if applicable). These items are necessary for the Online version of the show and other promotion. By submitting this information, you provide Vestige Concept Gallery all rights to post the work on their gallery website and within a paper brochure for the event.
- Accepted artwork must be the actual artwork as seen in the submitted images. No substitutions. Vestige Concept Gallery reserves the right to pull any artwork that differs from the images in the accepted submission. Any Giclees will automatically be pulled from the show unless it was initially stated that the work itself is a Giclee.
- Accepted artwork listed for sale must be for the price listed in the submission. No last-minute price changes.
- Vestige Concept Gallery will retain a 30% commission for any artwork sold–please factor this into your pricing.
- Artists are responsible for shipping & optional shipping insurance to and from Vestige Concept Gallery. A prepaid return shipping label must be included. Fedex or UPS only. No cash or checks.
- Shipped work must be sent in reusable, sturdy boxes and marked with your name. No loose peanuts. Artwork framed with glass is the responsibility of the artist and is not recommended. Artwork with glass that arrives in broken condition may be pulled from the event if artist is unable to remedy the issue.
- Late or damaged work will not be exhibited.
- Art damaged in transit is solely the responsibility of the artist and shipper. Artwork may also be hand-delivered, if applicable.
- Wall pieces MUST be securely wired, framed, and properly prepared for display. Painted edges and/or a clean edge gallery wrap (i.e. the gallery edges were masked off prior to painting), are acceptable. Sawtooth is ok for photography and “small” only, that weighs less than 5 pounds
- 2D Work must not exceed 30lbs, including frame. 3D work or audio/video must be available to discuss the display with gallery member, if selected, and you will be placed into “waitlist” status and be contacted by the gallery. 3D artists may wish to inquire with the gallery first before submitting.
JAN 29 Application deadline.
JAN 30 Acceptance notification
FEB 16 Deadline for shipped or dropped-off work
FEB 19 Opening Reception
FEB/MAR — normal business hours
MAR 20 Show closes
MAR 21/22 Unsold artwork is packaged and shipped back
Any questions please reach out to: email@example.com
All applications must be received through callforentry.org
Thank you for your interest in applying!
Minimum 2 work samples, Artist Bio and Statement
18+, US and Canada