call for art
A Very Vestige Christmas
It’s that time of year! The holidays are coming and Vestige Concept Gallery loves to celebrate with style, beauty, and ART. Starting Mid-November, this Mixed Exhibition is open to all artists and any genre, and has no specific theme. Works should somehow convey a “sense of season” relating to their appeal and sale-ability and we are looking for the latest and best pieces. Lively, bright, bold, pop, metallic, abstracts, peace & love- these are some things that come to mind. The show is open to decor and sculptural items, in addition to gallery-level 2D pieces. Lots of events and excitement will round out 2022 with fun and joyous celebration!
Works of art do not have to relate to any specific holiday. This Exhibit is a Year-End Mixed Show open to all-genres. For small shop items (cards, prints, trinkets, etc.,) generally priced under $80, please see our other listing “VCG Shop Items“.
We accept works from emerging, mid-career, and/or professional artists.
“A Very Vestige Christmas” Soft-Opening Reception will be held Saturday, November 19th, at 6 PM. In addition to normal business hours, the show will then be open throughout Black Friday and Small Business Saturday weekend. Later, In December, there will be a live performance event, as well as a Year-End Holiday Party (Date/time TBD).
About the Gallery:
Vestige Concept Gallery specializes in curated monthly mixed exhibition opportunities that appeal to diverse range of artists, audiences, and buyers. Located in Lawrenceville, the new cultural heart of Pittsburgh, PA, the Gallery seeks to showcase the best of emerging and professional artist talent from across North America, and sell work at affordable prices through promotions and in-person events.
- “A Very Vestige Christmas” is open to any artists over age 18, within the United States and Canada.
- Work should ideally have been created in the last three years, and must be the original artwork, ready to display.
- The specific work must not have been previously displayed in a Vestige Concept Gallery exhibit.
- Work must be for sale. (No “NFS” or deliberate overpricing)
- No Giclees or reproductions of original works will be accepted unless the work itself is a Giclee or digital. (Please note this in the media tag, if applicable).
- Applicants may submit up to nine (9) entries. Two (2) entries are included in the $27 application.
- An additional charge of $5 per entry is charged for any additional submissions over 2.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE is ROLLING. THE FIRST OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION WILL BE NO LATER THAN SUNDAY NOVEMBER 6th. Applications will then be considered on a case-by-case basis throughout the end of the year.
- Shipped works of art should arrive no later than Thursday, November 17th 2022 to be included in the soft opening. Works will then continue to be accepted/added on a rolling basis.
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
- Artists accepted into the show must reply email confirmation upon acceptance, and later, be willing to provide an artist pic, short bio, and web/social links (if applicable). These items are necessary for the Online version of the show and other promotion. By submitting this information, you provide Vestige Concept Gallery all rights to post the work on their gallery website and within a paper brochure for the event.
- Accepted artwork must be the actual artwork as seen in the submitted images. No substitutions. Vestige Concept Gallery reserves the right to pull any artwork that differs from the images in the accepted submission. Any Giclées will automatically be pulled from the show unless it was initially stated that the work itself is a Giclée or digital print.
- Accepted artwork listed for sale must be for the price listed in the submission. No last-minute price changes.
- Vestige Concept Gallery will retain a 30% commission for any artwork sold–please factor this into your pricing.
- Artists are responsible for shipping & optional shipping insurance to and from Vestige Concept Gallery. A prepaid return shipping label must be included. Fedex or UPS only. No cash or checks.
- Shipped work must be sent in reusable, sturdy boxes and marked with your name. No loose peanuts. Artwork framed with glass is the responsibility of the artist and is not recommended. Artwork with glass that arrives in broken condition may be pulled from the event if artist is unable to remedy the issue.
- Late or damaged work will not be exhibited.
- Art damaged in transit is solely the responsibility of the artist and shipper. Artwork may also be hand-delivered, if applicable.
- Wall pieces MUST be securely wired, framed, and properly prepared for display. Painted edges and/or a clean edge gallery wrap (i.e. the gallery edges were masked-off prior to painting), are acceptable. Sawtooth is ok for photography and small work only, that weighs less than 5 pounds
- 2D Work must not exceed 30lbs, including frame. Non-Traditional Sculptural 3D artists may wish to inquire with the gallery first before submitting.
NOV 5 – Soft Application Deadline
NOV 6 – First Official Round of Notifications
NOV 19 – Soft Opening Reception
NOV 25/26/27- Thanksgiving Sales Weekend
DEC – Additional Live Event and Holiday Party (Date/Time TBD)
DEC 28/29/30- End of Year Sale
Starting JAN 3- Any Unsold Work Is Returned
Any questions please reach out to: email@example.com
All applications must be received through callforentry.org
Thank you for your interest in applying!